Welcome to John Paul II Catholic School
John Paul II is a Catholic primary school that provides an inclusive and nurturing education, dedicated to girls and boys aged from 0 to 12 and located in a thriving, growing community on the Eastern Shore of Hobart. All our students are encouraged to develop their gifts as individuals and live lives of purpose. The School was founded in 1983 on Catholic traditions and takes inspiration from service for others as modelled by the life of Saint John Paul II.
Where is John Paul II?
We are located at 161 Mockridge Rd, Rokeby.
The School is surrounded by green open space and ideally suited for adventure and play. Our facilities power students' curiosity and development, inspiring learning and connection.
Our families come from the South Arm Peninsula, Lauderdale, Acton Park, Midway Point, Rokeby, Clarendon Vale, and the new areas of Glebe Hill and Oakdowns. Click here for a map of our main enrolment area.
Why do parents choose John Paul II?
- Catholic schools provide a balanced and holistic education. Download the facts.
- The school is a small community. It takes a village to raise a child.
- A nationally recognised, contemporary curriculum.
- Let the children play. We have a large outdoor play area; complete with a bike track, trees to climb, old fashioned rope swings, various play equipment and traditional sporting courts and grounds.
- Experienced and caring staff with a high adult to child ratio.
- Small class sizes of approximately twenty a class.
- We employ a range of professionals; including a speech therapist, psychologist and counsellor.
- A personalised bus service; covering our main enrolment area.
- Affordable fees (with a range of remissions available).