Welcome to John Paul II Catholic School
John Paul II is a Catholic school that has been servicing the Eastern Shore of Hobart since 1983. Our school motto is To Love and Serve the Lord in Peace. Our school is based on a rich Christian tradition as revealed in the Gospels and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Our educational vision is modelled on the values found in the life of Saint John Paul II.
Where is John Paul II?
We are located at 161 Mockridge Rd, Rokeby. Our families come from the South Arm Peninsula, Lauderdale, Acton Park, Midway Point, Rokeby, Clarendon Vale, and the new areas of Glebe Hill and Oakdowns. Click here for a map of our main enrolment area.
Why do parents choose John Paul II?
- Catholic schools provide a balanced and holistic education. Download the facts.
- The school is a small community. It takes a village to raise a child.
- A nationally recognised, contemporary curriculum.
- Let the children play. We have a large outdoor play area; complete with a bike track, trees to climb, old fashioned rope swings, various play equipment and traditional sporting courts and grounds.
- Experienced and caring staff with a high adult to child ratio.
- Small class sizes of approximately twenty a class.
- We employ a range of professionals; including a speech therapist, psychologist and counsellor.
- A personalised bus service; covering our main enrolment area.
- Affordable fees (with a range of remissions available).